September 6, 2009

I'm a blogger...

I’ve wanted to keep a journal or a diary for years. However despite many starts, my undiciplined nature and sometimes it could be said, laziness, meant my inner most thoughts and feelings were never recorded for more than maybe a week at a time.

But as Bob Dylan said, the times they are a changing.

Kate Matthews is now all about dicipline. I am growing my nails. I am losing ten kilos. I am paying off an outrageous debt, (accumulated as a result of my insatiable appitite for fun. And shoes.)

And I am a blogger! Blogging being the modern day journal and damn it I am a modern girl, despite what they say.

Well when it suits me anyway.

So as I lie here on the day bed on a delightful Broome evening, windows open, singlet and boardies on in the middle of winter, cotton wool between my toes watching Australias hopes of retaining the Ashes fade into oblivion, I am blogging.

I am going to document my experience in leaving this most magnificent town and my beautiful, fabulous friends (yes that’s you) and moving to Toodyay to live on the farm.

There will be tears. But, it’s hoped (I’m hoping) that my insatiable appitite for fun and adventure will hold me in good stead to survive anything that this new life will throw at me.

My excitement at moving to the farm is genuine. As is my terror. However my glass is not just going to be half full, it’s going to be brimming over.

Brim, brim...

No comments:

Post a Comment