November 9, 2009

Well hello there


Yes this post has been a long time coming.

It's been three weeks today since we arrived at our new abode, "The house on the hill" and it has to be said that it's been a shock... culturally, emotionally, mentally and physically.

Leaving Broome feels like I have broken up with a boyfriend. My right arm is missing. I'm in mourning.

The problem is that there simply is no remedy other than time. And I am SO impatient. Reading "It's Called a Break up because It's Broken" simply won't work this time, because there was simply nothing broken about me and my relationship with the Kimberley.

The thing is I don't HATE it down here at our little shaggy shack on the hill. In fact I can see myself growing to quite like it...once it's had a complete makeover.

It's just that I haven't quite come to terms with the fact that my fabulous life that was Broome is over.

The thing is though, I still have my true love by my side and he is as the saying goes, "as happy as a pig in shit".

Speaking of pigs, look what I spied on my way home from Perth over the weekend.

Culture shock well and truly.

1 comment:

  1. C'mn kate, where's the next installment?! you've got lots to tell, like gallavnting around the race day pavillion or lounging about at the WACA, never mind those copious bottles of wine that must be consumed at city dinner parties xoxo. ps; it's pissing w/rain here. millsy

    ReplyDelete